Feedback on presentation
– should have stuck to the black/white theme we had rather than the sepia tone
This week we were introduced to Interactive Design and how games work.
I found this really interesting and i’m excited to start this with the project.
I went home and did some research into Interactive design;
I made some notes from this website in my sketchbook
Then I Had a look at “Digital Storytelling : A Creator’s Guide to Interactive Entertainment"
"Works of digital storytelling are always ;
- types of narratives: they involve a series of connected dramatic events that serve to tell a story;
- works that contain characters, including types of characters found only in digital media: characters controlled by the user or by the computer, and synthetic characters with the appearance of artificial intelligence
- interactive: the user controls, or impacts, aspects of the story;
- non-linear: events or scenes do not occur in a fixed order; characters are not encountered at fixed points;
- deeply immersive: they pull the user into the story;
- participatory: the user participates in the story;
- navigable: users can make their own path through the story or through a virtual environment.”
Handler Miller, C., (2nd Edition, 2008) Digital Storytelling: A Creator’s Guide to Interactive Entertainment, England: Focal Press
I never really read much of it but I hope I can read it again sometime.